Tuesday 5 November 2013

Wells

The 29th October dawned bright and chilly and we started the day with a delicious breakfast of Smoked Basa, on Granary bread & butter, topped with a poached egg, this is a new favourite of ours.



For nearly 40 years, I have loved the City of Wells, so was pleased to have a chance to visit.

Sadly parking with a Motorhome there was a bloody nightmare and took us 40 minutes to finally find a place, in a council estate, where I could park! By this time it was getting late and I'd totally gone off the idea of walking around but did manage to visit a few of my favourite places.

The Cathedral wanted me to pay for a camera permit and as I only had a few minutes, while Mike stood outside with Rowley, I decided not to bother. I know they need to earn money to support the building but it all seemed so regimented from when I last visited there. However I did take a few shots around the City.








No comments:

Post a Comment