Monday 21 October 2013

Homeless!

Friday 30th August and we officially left our home of the last 21 years and drove off into the sunset. Well, truth be told, it was midday.
The following day my son and family were moving into our house and Mike and I were going to The Mercian Gathering, in Warwickshire, for the weekend.
I have been going to this Pagan event since 2008 but it was Mike’s first time. I love it but wasn’t sure what Mike would make of it.
Unlike my first visit, we had a dry weekend, although it was slightly chilly. As a first timer, I was in a tent and the field was an utter mud bath. Think Glastonbury, with more mud! But my Sister and I thought, if we can have this much fun in these conditions, it can only be better next year.
We had a lovely weekend and despite Mike’s painful ankle, managed to get about and chatted to people we’d not met before and old friends from previous years.
Some Vikings at the camp, sorting out their differences.
Very menacing looking Viking.
Sunset on the Friday evening.
Saturday morning, Mike went to have a look at the Wicker Man. Yes, we had all the dickhead comments on Facebook!
The Witchmen Morris Dancers, wonderfully entertaining group.

Setting fire to The Labyrinth. 
Dancing through The Labyrinth.

The burning of the Wickerman, no sacrifices inside, or Edward Woodward. We do however tie small offering or prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment