Monday 21 October 2013

Conquering Germany, (Well, First Stop Newport Pagnell)

Having left Worcester, our first port of call was Newport Pagnell. We hadn’t seen Mike’s Mum and Sister for weeks, so breaking the journey to Dover seemed a good solution.
As my brother in law is very disabled, following a stroke and various other health problems, we had insisted we camp out on the drive, although Mike’s sister Val cooked us a lovely lamb chop dinner.
The evening was something of an eye opener. Mike’s Mum, who had appeared to be at death’s door a few months earlier, was now back on form eating well and having 2 sherries a night. Trouble is, she only weighs 6 stone, so by the second one, she was getting a little bolshy. Not the sort of behaviour you expect from a 94 year old but certainly something I shall be aspiring to, if I live that long!
Bedtime was interesting, as there was an 80s concert at the local Football stadium. Rather nice to listen to and thankfully stopped at 11, as my word, it was LOUD!!
Sunday morning I went for a stroll, as I knew I had a lot of driving ahead of me. People tend to think of Newport Pagnell as part of Milton Keynes. Not so, it is still very much a country market town, with the Aston Martin Factory still very prominent in the town.
image
 Oldest iron bridge that is still in constant use. Ironbridge is  older but no longer used by traffic.
image

image

image
Just at the end of their road, this is where my Brother-in-Law once worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment