Sunday 20 October 2013

April. It Begins

Earlier this year, when I was getting the heebie jeebies about being 60 and recovering from a 3 month Winter Virus, I decided it was time my Husband, Mike and I did something a bit more adventurous than the occasional drive into Wales.
Our youngest son want to move to Worcester, later in the year, so that their son can start school here. He’d like to buy a new house but they aren’t going to be available until next summer. Renting is tricky as they have cats. We have cats too and some chickens, so we always feel a bit tied to the house.
Then I had one of those moments, the sort that starts in your head, sends a rush of adrenaline to the stomach, followed by a feeling of near elation.
I looked across at Mike, who hadn't at that time noticed the noise of the cogs whirring in my brain.
How would you like to go travelling, I said. He looked at me expectantly and I explained my idea. Simon wants to move here to Worcester, in September. Why don’t we pack our treasures in the loft and between us we can rent a small storage unit. Simon and family, plus cats can move in here, to our house.
Now for the good bit! We buy a Motorhome and go travelling. Have that Gap Year that seems to be considered almost obligatory now after finishing school and we most certainly missed out on.
Mike liked my idea.
Today Mike gave notice at work, although giving them plenty of time to fill his gap, And now, it seems we have reached a point of no turning back.
Lots more to be sorted as this is only a tiny step towards our long, open road. No doubt there will be obstacles to overcome but I've had a life of overcoming those.

No comments:

Post a Comment