Wednesday 11 June 2014

Home for Easter

And various other reasons.

Firstly my Son and family, who have been living in my house, while we go travelling, was off to Legoland, London and visiting my daughter in law's family down there.

We were needed for cat sitting, as still 6 cats in the house, 3 of mine and 3 of theirs. Sadly, there had been 4 of theirs but the beautiful Arthur, only aged 6, just died in the night back in late March.

Easter Sunday, 20th April is my birthday and so I was having lunch with my Mum, which was lovely but I could only relax a little as the next day, Easter Monday was to be our 30th Wedding Anniversary. It was in fact Easter Saturday when we got married and my birthday that year had been Good Friday.

We'd decided to have an 'At Home' party and with any luck, if the weather was good, we would be in the garden and the little ones would have a Easter Egg Hunt.

But there was an additional element to this party. I previously wrote about my Husband's new half sister, who turned up, out of the blue, nearly two years ago. Mike, as a 12 year old, back in the 1950s, had no idea that his Mother had given birth to a daughter, by his step-father, back in a very difficult time for the family, when his step father had just had a stroke. 

Catherine, or Kate, as she became was adopted from birth. Kate had written to her birth Mother, who said she didn't wish to have contact and Kate has stuck by her wishes.

However, after finding out she had siblings, she decided she would trace them and although a shock, we are very pleased she did.

The difficulty now is Mike & Kate's Mum is in her 90s and we don't want to upset her by letting her know that we know her secret. If it were my Mum, I would tell her that I know but Mike won't, so we'll let if rest there.

But, the exciting part of our party is, Kate was coming and for the first time would meet her niece and nephew and their children, plus my own extended family because we don't do any sort of division here, my children and my sister and her partner and his children, are just one big family.

It went just as I hoped, there were a few tears, we all laughed about how much Sue looked like her Auntie Kate and the children hunted, found their eggs and had a great time.

My ideal would be for Mike's Mum to know that we know about Kate and for her to meet her younger daughter, as she can't have too many years left but that is how it is and I must a accept it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment