Tuesday 24 June 2014

Durham

Heading further north, we were having a brief stop at Durham and by sheer coincidence, an old friend and ex colleague of Mike's was going to be in the area, so we planned to meet her for lunch.

She is frighteningly clever, what she does these days is way above the work she used to do as a radio journalist but she is still the girl we knew. We spent a lovely couple of hours together.

While we were in Durham we had a good walk around and also visited the cathedral. I don't understand cathedrals of the C of E variety. Some allow photography, for free, others make a charge and some, like Durham don't allow it. Why? If it's OK in some, why not in others. Anyway, I don't agree with things that don't make sense, so I took a sneaky photo of this really creepy statue, for no other reason than I wanted to!




Outside and around the rest of the city I was free to take what photos I liked.













The Sanctuary Knocker on the cathedral door, if you needed to claim Sanctuary.



No comments:

Post a Comment