Sunday 1 December 2013

Staying at Waltham Cross.

The Camping and Caravan Site at Waltham Cross, which is in Theobald's Park is ideal. Just minutes from the M25 and yes, you can hear a hum but it isn't a problem. Rabbits and Squirrels running around. Fabulous walks. Easy trains into London and a quaint pub just 12 minutes walk away.

I have to say we loved this place, the toilets and showers are superb and well heated. Never seen a chemical toilet emptying place before in an enclosed room, with central heating, the usual stainless steel facilities but with a wash hand basin and soap. By far the best we have seen so far.

This tree, with the sun rising behind it made getting up before 9 worthwhile.




The first day there, the boys got in touch to say there was a spare ticket going, for the Watford match. As we were close by, I insisted Mike went, saying I| would be happy to make my own amusement for an afternoon, with Rowley Dog.

So on Saturday 23rd, I dropped Mike off at a railway station and then headed towards St Albans. I had no idea at all of what to expect but followed the signs to the Roman Museum, where I was able to park The Goddess, for £3.20 for the day and off Rowley and I went, to explore.

Where we parked was at the edge of a large park, that led up towards the Abbey. We had a lovely time! We were like visiting celebrities. The locals had never seen a dog like Rowley and so many wanted to stop and talk. Even tiny children in the buggies shouted excitedly, 'Doggie!!' BIG Doggie!!!

There's a really good Market in the main street on a Saturday and I bought 4 large Swordfish Steaks for £10, which I was very pleased about.

I had an excellent afternoon, which is more than can be said for Mike and the boys, as Watford lost.















No comments:

Post a Comment