Saturday 5 July 2014

Dunnottar Castle

The next day dawned sunny and beautiful and we decided on a long walk. I think it was my suggestion. Not sure why I do these things, I usually regret it after about an hour.

I wanted to walk to the ruined castle that we could see way beyond the village. It was getting quite warm and the walk inevitably meant some steep hill climbs. We realised we had forgotten to bring any shorts with us and I'm not sure but I think this was the day I cut off some jeans for us to take advantage of the sun and keep cool.

It was a lovely walk but tinged with sadness. A Grandfather and Grandson had gone missing out fishing near to where we were and the Search and Rescue Helicopter made some dramatic low passes by us during our walk.






















The search for the two fisherman was called off at the end of the day. 

But happily and it did cause me to applaud while driving the next day, they were found by a passing boat, safe and unharmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment