Wednesday 5 February 2014

Two Weeks at The Mother in Law's

Moving back into a house for a couple of weeks didn't agree with me at all! I suppose the bad weather didn't help, as we all know, the amount of rain we had in January has been the most probably since the time of Noah's flood. My heart goes out to those who have been flooded out, or surrounded with water since the New Year. And the poor creatures that have died just doesn't bear thinking about. I wonder if the ecology of the Somerset will ever recover.

Anyway, I didn't like being in a house that seemed too dark and had net curtains at every window, it made us lazy and we didn't do out much. Even on a dull day, sitting in the MotorHome is almost like being in a glass bubble and you get the maximum amount of light, so being a SAD sufferer, it's a great help.

We had planned to do a fair bit of work in the garden, whilst staying in Mike's Mum's house but the never ending rain made it impossible. I'd also wanted to go dog walking with Mike's sister but Rowley hates getting wet, as his coat isn't waterproof at all and besides, the river meadows were so flooded it wasn't going to be pleasant anyway.

One pleasant afternoon in the house was spent helping M-I-L sort out some boxes of her stuff. There were all sorts of random things in these boxes, plus photos and we had a good laugh at some of them and chewed the fat, over memories from the 30 years I have been her daughter in law and discussed other older photos, who the people were in them and the stories from those times.

We did manage to get out a little bit and I'll write about those events separately.


No comments:

Post a Comment