Thursday 2 January 2014

Back Home For Christmas

Our next journey was to be back home for Christmas, stopping of for a night at the In-Laws at Newport Pagnell. It's been good to see more of them and we arranged to go and spend the second half of January with them, as the weather may not be so good and we can give my sister-in-law a bit of a break from caring for her husband and Mum.

21st December we were back home, 22nd December is my Mum's birthday and she was going to be 85. She had invited us, with other close family, to lunch at The Lyttleton Arms, Hagley. It's where she she goes every Sunday, for lunch, with Sarah, who went to school with my younger sister and is also the daughter of old friends of my Mum & Dad (they both died young). Sarah has also been Mum's Hairdresser for about 30 years and is officially, Mum's 'other' daughter. They even went on a Cruise together last year. 

To be honest, my sister Val and I have a lot to be grateful to Sarah for, as she keeps Mum busy a lot of the time as Mum finds it impossible to stay in and doesn't like her own company  (I'm saying nothing!)

Mum has to be one of the Lyttleton's best customers, so when we arrived, it was no surprise that they had laid something on for her, An ice bucket was next to her chair, with a large bouquet in it for her, plus a card signed by all the Staff.

The lunch went well, followed by a cake being brought in that Val and I had made for her.









Later on that day my step-son, his wife and their little boy came round to visit and the best game was rough-housing on the sofa.




The next couple of days were spent whizzing around buying a few presents and the other bits and pieces needed for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment